Am I Ready? Topscore Practice Tests.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jabeck74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am making 18's in most of the Topscore tests. Do you think I'm ready for the real thing?

I have made 18's pretty consistently in Bio, Chem and QR. I am most worried about Chem. Can I expect my scores on the real thing to be 18 or higher?

Thanks for your imput.

Members don't see this ad.

jabeck74 said:
I am making 18's in most of the Topscore tests. Do you think I'm ready for the real thing?

I have made 18's pretty consistently in Bio, Chem and QR. I am most worried about Chem. Can I expect my scores on the real thing to be 18 or higher?

Thanks for your imput.

expect the real scores to be a bit lower. (they could be higher, but the general trend is that they are always lower). Try to relax and practice some more. If you are happy with an 18, and you think you are ready take it. otherwise i'd recommend waiting until you are satisfied. good luck.

786mine said:
expect the real scores to be a bit lower. (they could be higher, but the general trend is that they are always lower). Try to relax and practice some more. If you are happy with an 18, and you think you are ready take it. otherwise i'd recommend waiting until you are satisfied. good luck.

Really? I thought most people saw an increase in their score.

Heres my opinion. Top Score vs. Real Thing

Bio - Top Score Easier
Gchem - Real Thing Easier
Ochem - Real Thing MUCH Easier
PAT - Real Thing HARDER, especially angles
RC - Same
QR - Same

My score went up when I took the real thing except for PAT when I was consistantly getting 25+ on top score, got a 22 on the Real Thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
my scores flucuates on the practices.. sometimes i would get 23+ and sometimes 17's on all the sciences.. but on the actual, i got a 20 for TS. so i guess it's around there. i do feel that bio is a bit tougher because they cover all sorts of things. being a nonscience major, i had never been exposed to those questions.. so i had to guess.

math and reading were bout the same. although, u should practice timing on it.

pat is definitely harder on the real PAT. But don't be intimidated by it. I thought it was a lot easier taking it the second time. I didn't think the angles were as bad as everyone say it was, or as bad as the previous year. i could distinguish most of the differences a lot easier probably because they upgraded their software and the resolution was much better.

I had a few 18s in the chem sections for topscore and I did much better on the real thing. Good luck.