Am I ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANgnome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been stressing out recently, so I took Topscore 2:

Here is my breakdown:
Bio 21
GC 21
OC 19
PA 22
RC 22
QR 20

TS 21
AA 21

Am I ready? I never took Topscore 2 before. Throughout the test I felt I did not understand a lot of stuff, which seem to be a horrible indicator! I feel as if I should recall the facts instantly and not having to think a few seconds to recall?

Here are my past tests:

Achiever Bi/Oc/Gc - Pa/Rc/Qr - TS/AA
Test 1 20 / 23 / 20 - 19 / 15 / 20 - 21 / 20
Test 2 19 / 19 / 18 - x / x/ x - 19 / *
Test 4 18 / 18 / 15 - 18 / x / x - 17 / * (Hard!)

Topscore Bi/Oc/Gc - Pa/Rc/Qr - TS/AA
Test 1 21 / 21 / 20 - 19 / 20 / 20 - 21 / 20

I took the Achiever 1 test a month ago and Topscore1 and Achiever 2/4 about 2 weeks ago, and was really surprised I got 20+ on Achiever 1. I think it was because it was only by chance that I got the questions they were very easy FOR ME.

The problem is my low GPA of course, 3.24/3.20, cumulative/science. lower if not including +/-. I desperately need a 22 or 23 AA to boost things so I have a good chance this cycle.

Should I give myself some time to get my AA up to 22 or 23? Or am I doing well now?

What are my chances do you guys think, if I applied with a 3.24/3.20/21/21?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have been stressing out recently, so I took Topscore 2:

Here is my breakdown:
Bio 21
GC 21
OC 19
PA 22
RC 22
QR 20

TS 21
AA 21

Am I ready? I never took Topscore before. Throughout the test I felt I did not understand a lot of stuff, which seem to be a horrible indicator! I feel as if I should recall the facts instantly and not having to think a few seconds to recall?

Here are my past tests:

Achiever Bi/Oc/Gc - Pa/Rc/Qr - TS/AA
Test 1 20 / 23 / 20 - 19 / 15 / 20 - 21 / 20
Test 2 19 / 19 / 18 - x / x/ x - 19 / *
Test 4 18 / 18 / 15 - 18 / x / x - 17 / * (Hard)

Topscore Bi/Oc/Gc - Pa/Rc/Qr - TS/AA
Test 1 21 / 21 / 20 - 19 / 20 / 20 - 21 / 20

I took the Achiever 1 test a month ago and Topscore1/2 about 2 weeks ago, and was really surprised I did that well. I think it was because it was only by chance that I got the questions they were very easy FOR ME.

The problem is my low GPA of course, 3.24/3.20, cumulative/science. lower if not including +/-. I desperately need a 22 or 23 AA to boost things so I have a good chance this cycle.

Should I give myself some time to get my AA up to 22 or 23? Or am I doing well now?

What are my chances do you guys think, if I applied with a 3.24/3.20/21/21?

Dang those are nasty topscore 2 scores.
You'll rape the DAT.
You did better on the practice tests than those who actually got 22+AA on the real thing.

they might be slightly above average scores, but they are below average for my GPA if I want to get in this year :(

they might be slightly above average scores, but they are below average for my GPA if I want to get in this year :(

If you get 21, I think you will just be average applicant because of your gpa.
If you get 23+ with your gpa, I think you are very competitive and get some interviews.
You should be able to hit that 23 by looking at your practice test scores.
Have Confidence! Most people that post here usually do very well haha. You should have no problem doing well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey those look a lot like my scores. And I think we're taking the DAT around the same time too. Keep truckin'. Don't stop.

I just took topscore 3 and got:

Bio 22, GC 25, OC 25, PAT 22, RC 22, QR 22

TS 24 / AA 23

And I still don't feel ready......

I guessed 3/6 wrong on QR right, PAT is stupidly easy and most likely unrepresentative, having lots of trouble with RC, and had to guess a few science Q's! -Somehow- all the guesses turned up correct.

Last edited:
I just took achiever 3 and got:

Bio 22, GC 25, OC 25, PAT 22, RC 22, QR 22

TS 24 / AA 23

And I still don't feel ready :(

I guessed 3/6 wrong on QR right, PAT is stupidly easy and most likely unrepresentative, having lots of trouble with RC, and had to guess a few science Q's! -Somehow- all the guesses turned up correct.

wtf... those are ******ed good achiever scores... wow. you can stop with all this nonsense worrisome-ness

er i mean topscore. My bad lol..

I wish i did that good on achiever..

achiever 3 i got about

Bio 17 / GC 18 / OC 25 for 19 TS

I seem to be really stretched for time in the science sections as well as the RC. As I have heard that the RC is very easy compared to the real, I am expecting a much lower score on the real DAT. The same goes for the PAT and QR.

Did anyone else have a similar problem of not having enough time on topscore? And if so, how did you do on the real DAT in terms of time management?

You are going to kill the DAT. 25++++++

You might already have done it but review those missing one in Top score and Achiever both..just see where did you go wrong.

I wish all the best for the exam...go kill that monster.

PS: when is your exam?

Saturday morning! I am trying to cram as many things in as possible.

There is no rescheduling, but there is so much i still want to do.

1) reviewing 3 achiever, 3 topscore science sections
2) destroyer genchem 3rd run through
3) cliff ap review + cliff ap exams (never took)
4) destroyer bio review
5) PAT practice
6) finish math destroyer

I'd work on QR then. I was pulling 20-24 on topscore QR but got 19 on the actual. Do some destroyer QR for diversity because topscore, crack math, and others seem to get repetitive.

hey cangnome
didn't know you were from Canada as well (i checked your PRedents profile)
by your academic history, you should EASILY pull off a 24+ AA. (UTor is one of the hardest schools in Canada mate! i'm from UBC, and I can honestly say UofT is harder than UBC, and UBC's education already prepped me pretty well for the DAT)