mikedmd1

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I know when school's websites say "two science professors needed" they generally mean biology, chemistry, biochem, physics etc. I have called almost every school multiple times, and I have gotten different answers (from the same schools) multiple times to this question- Unless specified (ie. tufts says need biochem/chem/physics/math and biology) does a nutrition teacher count as a science? If it will be extremely hard for me to get another "science" letter, how screwed am I? Do adcoms take these requirements very seriously- ie. will they just discard my application if I don't meet the science requirements. For schools like tufts, I am planning on getting a quick letter from a science t.a. or other professor just to fulfill the requirements.

Thanks, sorry for the long post.

DRHOYA

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
NY
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm pretty sure if a teacher is part of the department of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or whatever at your school.....then the letter should be fine. If "nutrition" is part of the deparment of biology, then you should be fine.

loved

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
For my 2 science letters, I had one from Microbiology and the other from Molecular Biology.

ditto on DRHOYA's post.