1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

am i screwed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by delaram, Dec 16, 2005.

1. delaram

delaram Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    so far i only went to one interview at temple, but got rejected by penn, arizona, case, and indiana. For all other schools i'm just under review. My gpa is 3.1 and dat is 20/20/17, but my problem now is, that i screwed up this fall quarter (2.85). Is it gonna affect my chances of getting in this cycle? :scared:

2. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If I were you I just would not tell the schools about this quarter and they'll never know. If you end up applying again next cycle that's when it will catch up with you.

3. Richnator

Richnator Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yah. Keep your head up. Dental school understands the stress of applications. Just tell them why it is a 2.85 though.

Good luck,
    Rich

4. mkdhappy

mkdhappy Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't think it'll affect the chance "in" this cycle much, unless you get a school that really wants to know how you're doing THIS year. Then...Ugh Oh. But you can always tell them your stresses...and how interviews and application-worries distracted you from your studies. JUST HOPE that you'd get in this year, so you won't have to worry about the next cycle. Good luck!

5. adr12

adr12 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Schools will know, you still have to submit updated transcripts, even after acceptance. However, I doubt that one less than stellar quarter will keep you out, especially considering the stress/time of applying/interviewing.

6. swtxxxang3l

swtxxxang3l PaTieNTLy WaiTinG
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm in the similar situation. I know I asked this on a different thread but are you going to update this info onto AADSAS via Academic Update (AU)? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we both get accepted this cycle so we don't have to worry about this. :luck: