Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smileisland

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT score is AA-21 TS-20 PAT-18 gpa - 3.46 and sgpa - 3.18. My letters are still not in because I have to wait for one more and got stuck in a mess. My application was received and was sent out Aug 29th from aadsas? As long as I send my letters out by next week or by the end of the month am I ok? Here is where I am applying

http://predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1297&PHPSESSID=06d3b697082fc3a04f932738eecdfbb5

Also I've been working in a pediatric office as an assistant for over 6 years and have volunteer work experience. I'm starting to freak out about not having my letters in since I applied pretty late. Let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

first of all, you have got good credentials. When you say I am freaking out having a ~3.4 GPA and a DAT score of above 20, then you are insulting others who are trying to make it to D school. Just sit tight don't expect things to happen over night, chill.

I'm freaking out because my application isnt complete and it seems like everyone applied in June on these forums and has 22s and 23s. I'm honestly not trying to insult anyone so please don't take it that way, but when I hear that schools are booking interviews I get worried. Plus my sgpa is on the lower side.

Members don't see this ad :)
My DAT score is AA-21 TS-20 PAT-18 gpa - 3.46 and sgpa - 3.18. My letters are still not in because I have to wait for one more and got stuck in a mess. My application was received and was sent out Aug 29th from aadsas? As long as I send my letters out by next week or by the end of the month am I ok? Here is where I am applying

http://predents.com/?page=user&user_id=1297&PHPSESSID=06d3b697082fc3a04f932738eecdfbb5

Also I've been working in a pediatric office as an assistant for over 6 years and have volunteer work experience. I'm starting to freak out about not having my letters in since I applied pretty late. Let me know what you think.

I would get at least one more LOR as backup for that professor/advisor holding you up at this point.

for 6 yrs? wow.. you have some decent stats. i'm sure you'll get in somewhere.

I'm freaking out because my application isnt complete and it seems like everyone applied in June on these forums and has 22s and 23s. I'm honestly not trying to insult anyone so please don't take it that way, but when I hear that schools are booking interviews I get worried. Plus my sgpa is on the lower side.

I remember reading somewhere on this thread that people on this forum represent a very small amount of all applicants that apply to dental schools. Most students that don't know about SDN probably started working on their apps now which is majority of the students. So don't worry, relax and be happy

Don't worry. SDN represents the most neurotic bunch of pre-dents out there. Hehe. Members consistently check their e-mail, AADSAS, mailbox, individual school website, and threads. Just do the best that you can now and don't worry about the other people here. (I saw a guy at the dat forum with 2 30's... one in quantitative reasoning and the oher in pat)... and I had to remind myself how crazy some people are.

Your stats are certainly above average. Your GPA is fine and your ECs are great too. As for turning in the AADSAS late, I know a person who turned it in last November. He got 3 interviews and got in his first choice. Better late than never and goodluck with your LORs.

As for the rest of SDN, I hope you don't mind the little below the belt hit... hehe... but you guys know, that we're all bordering on craziness. :p

My girlfriend applied in March (in 2001) and was accepted...and is now in an ortho residency.

Thanks for the positives...I definitely feel a little better now.:)

you got a shot at BU, Nova and Arizona