Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wowst12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I screwed around too much, I'm entering junior year with a 3.4 GPA...Problem is

I failed chem 2 last term, and retook it this term and replaced the the F grade with a C-.... THats problem 1
Problem 2, is that I got a C- in molecular bio lecture...

Am I totally screwed? Or Can I still recover? I have an A or A- in most other bios and chem 1...
I wanna go to NYU, cuz im brooklyn native, but their GPA seems to be leaping every year....
Thanks in advance guys.

Members don't see this ad.

So I screwed around too much, I'm entering junior year with a 3.4 GPA...Problem is

I failed chem 2 last term, and retook it this term and replaced the the F grade with a C-.... THats problem 1

Am I totally screwed? Or Can I still recover? I have an A or A- in most other bios and chem 1...
I wanna go to NYU, cuz im brooklyn native, but their GPA seems to be leaping every year....
Thanks in advance guys.

just work on an upward trend with your grades and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks in advance guys.

You are fine, trust me. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine.

Why did you screw around?

hahaha you're fine. show an upward trend and haul ass. you'll be golden. make sure to retake the C-'s since schools dont like it. oh, and get A's this time. solid ones.

I really MUST retake those C-'s? Or I can do without retaking em?

You ARE screwed, kidding. I would retake those. Try to do it over the summer where it's usually easier, goes quickly, and you can just take one class so you can focus. If you want to get in that badly make the sacrifice.

You are fine. Just be ready to explain those bumps in the road. Those screw ups may prevent you from getting tons of interview invites but who cares all that matters is that you at least get one and one acceptance.

You're fine.

Why did you screw around?

Wondering the same thing. If you get As and A-s, what did you do wrong for those two classes.
So, retake the F to C- class and don't get anything less than an A unless you want a real beating during the interview.
C- isn't passing in some cases I think.

I really MUST retake those C-'s? Or I can do without retaking em?

Yes. C-'s are considered fail at many schools. If on your 3rd try, you cannot get an A, then you are definitely screwed. You might even need to start exploring different career options.

Hmm...Well I was going through personal stuff... It's pretty late to retake the classes... I'm already starting Orgo.. Going back to chem 2 will be dumb... Technically speaking if I get all A's from now on, they would over look these 2 things?

Ye, but I mean...That would be the third time retaking chem 2....It's kinda rediculous, I just don't seem to grasp it... Does anyone know if NYU requires a C or higher for prereq's? Or can I get away with it, if I get straight A's from now on?

Ye, but I mean...That would be the third time retaking chem 2....It's kinda rediculous, I just don't seem to grasp it... Does anyone know if NYU requires a C or higher for prereq's? Or can I get away with it, if I get straight A's from now on?

Don't mark my word for it, but I think NYU is OK with C-'s. I got one in C- and they still accepted me.