1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Am I still in the game?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Bulls88, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Bulls88

Pre-Medical
    So I got a D in bio 1 the first time I took it the fall of my sophomore year, but after retaking it my Junior year I got an A. I can't really explain why I got a D, I was doing fine in the class but just got burnt out by the end of the semester. I did terrible on the last two tests and therefore ended up with a D. The grades I have gotten in the premed requirements aren't too great, but all my upper level bio courses (biochem, mol bio, neuro bio, physio) have been A's. My current BCPM is 3.41 and I have 36 S on the MCAT. Do you guys think that a D, along with a low BCPM will ruin my dream of going to a U.S. Medical School? I have done 7 semesters of research in tissue engineering, and I have one publication.

I look forward to hearing your guys opinions. Hopefully I'm not too screwed!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mmmcdowe

mmmcdowe Duke of minimal vowels
    Moderator Physician Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't worry, you have a good shot still.

4. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    You'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if you're asked about that D at interviews. Just have a good answer that includes what you learned and how you changed. What is your overall GPA?

5. Bulls88

Pre-Medical
    My overall GPA is 3.72.

6. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Your cGPA is very good, and your excellent MCAT score and As in upper-level science courses will reassure schools that you understood the material even though your BCPM GPA is on the lower side.