Am I the first?

Started by Vince
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vince

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious....any other pre-med school Paramedics, like myself who have chosen Radiology as a specialty?

I wonder if I'm the first... 😕

Shout out if you are in the same boat, or already sailing...
 
Vince said:
Just curious....any other pre-med school Paramedics, like myself who have chosen Radiology as a specialty?

I wonder if I'm the first... 😕

Shout out if you are in the same boat, or already sailing...

Congrats on getting rads, thats a competitive field to get into. I'd be interested to find out the percentage of pre-med school paramedics who go into EM. I happen to know many including myself who are, and have always been dead set on emergency medicine. I haven't heard of any EMTPs going into radiology. Maybe you could champion the use of imaging techniques in pre-hospital care 🙂 Once again congrats.
 
I am a pre-med paramedic but haven't really thought of a specialty. There is so much medicine I have yet to be exposed to or experience, it is impossible for me to say. For me, I focus on my job and school, I think all that rigamarol will sort itself out later actually in medical school. I'll wait for my exposures, then find which one I would like to pursue. Sure EM is what made me want to go to medical school, but there sure are alot of other options/interests.....hhhhmmmm just my take for right now.