am i the only one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phosphorylation

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
am i the only one who is still studying for the DAT; my test is on sept. 20th. I feel like a total bum now watching those "i just took my DAT" threads line up on the board; or am i just being paranoid?

Members don't see this ad.

phosphorylation said:
am i the only one who is still studying for the DAT; my test is on sept. 20th. I feel like a total bum now watching those "i just took my DAT" threads line up on the board; or am i just being paranoid?

Ah...that's coming up real soon. Good luck on the test!

phosphorylation said:

trust me...you're just being paranoid...there will always be people taking the DAT...unless of course they discard it in the future...

forget looking at these boards!!!! buckle up and just study your butt off these next two weeks!! only if you have a specific problem that you just can't figure out should you come here...and even then maybe...i'm sure you'll do great!! just try your best and give yourself a shot! good luck!

September is not really late. Just keep studying, and you will be fine! Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
phosphorylation said:

No - I keep postponing my test! I just can't seem to get it all together. So far I've taken 2 topscores and my scores are as follows:
AA 17 for both tests
TS 17 for both
PAT 19 on both - but I just can't get those damn pattern folding ?s and I'm always down to 2 in the TFE. It's just too frustrating!!!
QR 16 on both and I always run out of time, so I just start clicking away in the last minute or 2 to get answers filled out.
Organic 15 for both - damn, not sure what's going on there! I don't know any of the carb/protein stuff and I haven't studied it, so I better get to it.
GenChem from a 16 to an 18 - so that's a plus
Biology from a 18 to a 17 - stupid questions I knew, not paying attention!!
RC from a 19 to a 21 - not bad, considering English isn't my first language - but I've heard from a couple of friends that the real DAT is a killer!! scared:(

not sure if I've missed something, but I'm just not happy with my scores. I'm taking my test on Saturday, Sept 11th and I need to read more bio, for sure the carb/proten part of organic, do some more practice math, and review, review review and take the 3rd topscore and the kaplan tests. Thanks for all of you who keep helping us and I'll be sure to post my scores when I'm done. I know they won't be the stellar scores and I may be too embarassed to post them, but oh well. I'll keep on trying. Good luck to you phospho!!

Phospho,

Just keep studying! I am sure that you are going to do great! How many hours do you think that you studied total?

Bigj :thumbup:

thanks guys for the posts, I feel better now.

I have been studying about 6 hours a day. I'm not the type that studies a lot during the normal school year, so it took a little bit of work. I have been stuyding for about a month now, and worked it from 4 hours a day to now about 6 hours. 2 three hours rounds a day. I finished my bio completely, and I just need to review my ochem. I have never taken the PAT before and never studied it and scored a 19 on topscore, so I'm assuming I should be fine. The math part should be fine since I've taken a lot of math in school; but the only thing that worries me is ochem.

I'm a sub 3, so you can imagine how many have given me the advice that starts with "you need a 21+ AA"...:)

for those who haven't taken the DAT, good luck people.....and congrats to those who did...

-phospho

good luck! I postponed my test since I wasn't ready either. I have to blast 21+ too since i'm below a 3. No worries, Just pump like no other, this is the final stretch, i'd like to say more but i'm diving head first into the books, just wanted to take a break and say dont stop working hard!