Am I the only person on here still with no acceptances?

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
It sucks. I haven't even heard anything yet about possible waitlists. I've been "on hold" for way too long. :thumbdown:

Jan 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
none for me either man...on hold at south and waiting to hear from uasom. plus, im a re-applicant like you so i know all to well how you feel. really sucks and very stressful. good luck to you!...but not to the Barn! RMFT, b!tch!

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
none for me either man...on hold at south and waiting to hear from uasom. plus, im a re-applicant like you so i know all to well how you feel. really sucks and very stressful. good luck to you!...but not to the Barn! RMFT, b!tch!
haha, are you mjbama on rivals? :laugh:

Last edited:

Practitioner

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
Jul 8, 2009
Delocalized
Status
Pre-Medical
Same here. 2nd time and just holds.

At this point I'm just assuming no offers and planning alternatives as well as getting another application ready.

Dec 30, 2009
Status
Non-Student
One waitlist, waiting for word on the rest.

For the re-applicants, did you guys apply in back-to-back cycles?

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I rode one waitlist until May 15 before getting in. It sucks a lot, but hang in. Send all those LOI's and updated transcripts, and hope for the best.

Jun 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I rode one waitlist until May 15 before getting in. It sucks a lot, but hang in. Send all those LOI's and updated transcripts, and hope for the best.
LOIs guys!

Good luck! :luck:

TyrKinase

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
Below Sea Level
Jul 11, 2009
Status
Medical Student
at least to get wait-listed it means you got an interview. :/

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
at least to get wait-listed it means you got an interview. :/
True, I am thankful for that at least. But being a re-applicant I'm really hoping for an acceptance this go around. Don't get discouraged though!

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I'm guessing things will start moving pretty fast starting May 15, so don't lose hope!

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
haha, well yeah i use that account...but so do other members of my family. why?? good eye by the way...for a barner..!
I was just reading/commenting on that thread about how the bill will affect physicians.. pretty good stuff... for a bammer at least.

Dec 30, 2009
Status
Non-Student
Hmmm, I was going to theorize about back-to-back cycles...but I can't. What did you all do differently the second time around? The standard, apply earlier, broader, MD/DO, better MCAT, minute raise in GPA? This is my first time so I'm sort of resigned to whatever my fate is (I'm mentally prepared to re-apply), but I feel like re-applicants should already be in! Especially if you've been involved with SDN long enough and you did those things. *sigh* :confused:

Still, just like previous posters have said, it ain't over yet. I'm rooting for all of us!

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Hmmm, I was going to theorize about back-to-back cycles...but I can't. What did you all do differently the second time around? The standard, apply earlier, broader, MD/DO, better MCAT, minute raise in GPA? This is my first time so I'm sort of resigned to whatever my fate is (I'm mentally prepared to re-apply), but I feel like re-applicants should already be in! Especially if you've been involved with SDN long enough and you did those things. *sigh* :confused:

Still, just like previous posters have said, it ain't over yet. I'm rooting for all of us!
I applied to a few more schools, but really the only thing I did was get a job as a medical assistant at a doctors office. My GPA and MCAT were right at the average, and honestly going through the whole studying for the MCAT thing was out of the question for me.

ramleigh7

10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2008
Status
I was in the same place as you last year! Just imagine it with a significant other who got into at least 7 places no problem :rolleyes:... Oh well, we managed to get through it, I pulled through and tried again, and was accepted this year.

I retook the MCAT, scored one point lower, applied 30000x earlier, kept doing what I had been doing schoolwork/extracurricular wise...Applying early made all the difference!

I'm rooting for your guys! It's not over till August, keep your hopes up....:xf::xf::xf:

Dec 30, 2009
Status
Non-Student
I was in the same place as you last year! Just imagine it with a significant other who got into at least 7 places no problem :rolleyes:... Oh well, we managed to get through it, I pulled through and tried again, and was accepted this year.

I retook the MCAT, scored one point lower, applied 30000x earlier, kept doing what I had been doing schoolwork/extracurricular wise...Applying early made all the difference!

I'm rooting for your guys! It's not over till August, keep your hopes up....:xf::xf::xf:
Or July, or June, at some schools...:xf:

Jan 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I was just reading/commenting on that thread about how the bill will affect physicians.. pretty good stuff... for a bammer at least.
haha, yeah i typed more than i set out too in that thread...on the MB, you have to be as diplomatic as possible or flame wars will ensue. it's pretty ridiculous, yet funny sometimes. i like how the mods deleted it...it wasn't even a flame thread like the other countless political threads the night before, but oh well. what is your name on rivals?

RichHoos

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Good luck guys. I too am hoping for an acceptance. nothing but waitlists so far. do you know if schools can see where you're waitlisted or is it just where you've been accepted?

Another question: is there a general consensus as to whether it is best to send a letter of interest/intent now versus May 15th?

VisionaryTics

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No acceptances, rejected by 15 schools.

I still haven't heard anything from Loyola and I interviewed with UIC in September but they still haven't rendered a decision. I've been bombarding both schools with phone calls and letters to admissions people begging to get in.

I'm currently applying to masters programs.

This has been the most miserable experience of my life, and completely confounding to a kid with a solid GPA, great ECs, killer MCAT, tons of research and several publications at a school that routinely puts better than 90% of applicants into med schools.

Dec 30, 2009
Status
Non-Student

I still haven't heard anything from Loyola and I interviewed with UIC in September but they still haven't rendered a decision. I've been bombarding both schools with phone calls and letters to admissions people begging to get in.

This has been the most miserable experience of my life, and completely confounding to a kid with a solid GPA, great ECs, killer MCAT, tons of research and several publications at a school that routinely puts better than 90% of applicants into med schools.
15 interviews and 15 rejections? :eek: :scared: :wow: :wtf: :boom::bang: :cry: :barf: :thumbdown: :(

WhAT the H-e-L-L?!?!?! I smell something foul. I'm speechless.

VisionaryTics

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
15 interviews and 15 rejections? :eek: :scared: :wow: :wtf: :boom::bang: :cry: :barf: :thumbdown: :(

WhAT the H-e-L-L?!?!?! I smell something foul. I'm speechless.
Where did I say I interviewed at 15 schools? I interviewed at 2 schools, Rush and UIC. I was REJECTED by 15 schools, 14 of them pre-interview.

Dec 18, 2009
under the sun :)
Status
Medical Student
Where did I say I interviewed at 15 schools? I interviewed at 2 schools, Rush and UIC. I was REJECTED by 15 schools, 14 of them pre-interview.
Was your list overly top heavy? That may contribute...Good luck though. Definitely sounds like depressing position to be in. Hope you get in this year!

Dec 30, 2009
Status
Non-Student
That's why I ASKED the question. The icons would be my RESPONSE to if it WERE 15 INTERVIEWS and 15 REJECTIONS. CLARIFICATION HELPS.

Anyway, sucks for you regardless of whether I thought you had 15 interviews/rejections or not. Something's still foul if your numbers are so hot.

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
haha, yeah i typed more than i set out too in that thread...on the MB, you have to be as diplomatic as possible or flame wars will ensue. it's pretty ridiculous, yet funny sometimes. i like how the mods deleted it...it wasn't even a flame thread like the other countless political threads the night before, but oh well. what is your name on rivals?
Yeah I was disappointed to see that one get deleted, pretty interesting to see how most of those DA's view physicians.

My name is AU2009 -- I have to admit I do enjoy occasionally trolling the MB in my free time :)

Maybe I should have included that as one of my EC's..

VisionaryTics

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Was your list overly top heavy? That may contribute...Good luck though. Definitely sounds like depressing position to be in. Hope you get in this year!
Not really that top heavy. The "reach" schools were Northwestern, U of Chicago, and Case Western (so two were in-state, and the third was a research-heavy school in which I had a competitive MCAT and great research).

I don't think I had enough clinical experience when I applied, and I think that had a ripple effect. Personal statement, secondaries, and, of course, my resume suffered as a result.

phantomx87

Wishing I was a bum
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2007
Somewhere between yesterday and tomorrow
Status
Medical Student
Here's my story (take what you will):

Transferred to state school - did okay (like true 3.0 okay, not gunner 3.94 "okay").

Applied 1st time for entering class of 2007 - 0 interviews (no guidance, applied all Tier 1 :laugh::laugh::laugh: with 29O MCAT).

Applied 2nd time for entering class of 2008 - 1 interview (no new classes or tests, but new ECs --> 1000+ hrs neurosurg/neurology shadowing, 1.5 years research).

Applied 3rd time for entering class of 2010 - 5 interviews w/ 1 acceptance and 1 WL so far (awaiting 1WL announcement and 2 schools with decisions) --> Did 1 year of post-bacc 2008-2009 (3.71 at top 10 university), retook MCAT (32S), 1500 hrs work/research/shadowing in ED (alongside school), working FT as research coordinator now during glide year (80hrs/wk, 5 papers so far and working on another for 1st authorship).

Point of the story: Dude, if you want it, keep trying. It freaking sucks, but it will all pay off in the end. I can honestly say that I am much more prepared for medical school and beyond having been through all that (clinicals should be a breeze!). I was waaaayyyy too immature right out of college, and I know that I can handle the stress a lot better now. And, in case you're wondering, I'm only 24 years old right now. In the broad scope of a career, what's a few measley years, right?

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah I was disappointed to see that one get deleted, pretty interesting to see how most of those DA's view physicians.

My name is AU2009 -- I have to admit I do enjoy occasionally trolling the MB in my free time :)

Maybe I should have included that as one of my EC's..
yeah man, i posted it late bc i work a night shift right now...i wanted it to last until the next night to get a better idea of what ppl thought. you're right though, the small sample i got were definitely hating on doctors. i expected it, but it was still laughable.

haha, yeah i've seen you troll every now and then. now i'll know not to take you too seriously.

dude, i should have too...the AdCom's couldn't help but be impressed with the number of hours i put in.....showed real consistency :laugh:

BerlinDude

7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
Status

Oh wow, it's not just me.

The best part is when you see people with all-around inferior applications getting in to top schools. Talking to them is fun...

Girfaroo

7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Still no acceptances. Two waitlists and a surprising last-minute interview invite though, so I guess I still have hope.