Am I too late to apply this cycle?

Started by dabake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dabake

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a TX resident who has already applied through TMDSAS and AMCAS, however these primaries were submitted late due to financial issues getting the funds together to afford the primaries/secondaries. When I say late I mean, submitted in August and verified in September. I'm currently wading through all the secondaries, which is a task for around 20 school. Since I applied so late, my lowish MCAT/GPA (29/3.70) is starting to cause me to get a little anxious regarding chances of an MD acceptance. I have plenty of other ECs including two years of post-bacc research. I already have a TCOM II so I know my numbers are well in the range for DO schools, but now that I've waited, I am now too late for submitting the AACOMAS? This would require a tremendous financial sacrifice, but since my parents make too much, I am illegible for the fee waiver and they are unwilling to help.