am i too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbunny56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied last year and my app got verified in september (i was complete around october/november)

since last cycle, i retook my mcat, improved my gpa, gained lots of more research experience

i submitted my primary on 7/15 and waiting to be verified (hopefully by next week when i recieve my mcat score)

i have pre-written most of my secondaries so i anticipate that I will send them back ASAP (by end of next week) once im verified and receive my mcat score

Am I too late for this cycle?? I would be complete by mid-august, is that normal timing?

Members don't see this ad.

You are not too late but where do you plan to apply? Where is your state of residence?

I'm a CA resident with tons of research experience (900 hours, abstracts, presentations, publications, LOR from PI) rest of app is more solid since last year (brand new personal statement, LORs)

MD schools (my mcat falls between their ranges based on MSAR research)

UC schools (reaches)-submitted UCR secondary
Miami (reach)
Hofstra (reach)
Rosalind Franklin
NYMC-submitted secondary
VCU
Indiana
Georgetown
Loyola Chicago
George Washington-submitted secondary
FIU
Wake Forest
University of Illnois
Arizona Tucson
Arizona Phoenix
Albany
Loma Linda
Penn State-submitted secondary

DO schools

Western Pomona
Western Lebanon
Touro-CA
Touro-Nevada
Touro-NY
NOVA
NYIT

Mid aug is not too late, but it depends on how competitive you are. What's your GPA? And you don't know your MCAT yet right? If you're below avg, then it def helps to apply as early as possible, but if you're above avg then you can apply a little bit later and still be fine.