Am I too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whale2018

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I have a question. Do I need to go to medical school for radiology? Right now I'm planning on majoring in Meteorology and Chemistry, but I'm leading towards to just staying with chemistry. My GPA is 2.80 and I was wondering if that's too low for med school or anything related to med school. I've been looking to get a degree in clinical laboratory science to do lab work up at a hospital. Right now I will be taking:
Organic chemistry 1
Effective speech
General Biology 1
and a gym class

My sat was 950 I'm not sure if that's still important.
NOTE: I'm currently in my third year (last year) at a community college. I plan to transfer for the 2017 fall semester. I will be applying this fall
Thank you,
Christian

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I have a question. Do I need to go to medical school for radiology? Right now I'm planning on majoring in Meteorology and Chemistry, but I'm leading towards to just staying with chemistry. My GPA is 2.80 and I was wondering if that's too low for med school or anything related to med school. I've been looking to get a degree in clinical laboratory science to do lab work up at a hospital. Right now I will be taking:
Organic chemistry 1
Effective speech
General Biology 1
and a gym class

My sat was 950 I'm not sure if that's still important.
NOTE: I'm currently in my third year (last year) at a community college. I plan to transfer for the 2017 fall semester. I will be applying this fall
Thank you,
Christian
Yes, you need to go to medical school for radiology

You need to step up your GPA if you want to be a competitive applicant. Try to get it to 3.7, or at least above 3.5

Your planned schedule looks fine

Your SAT is irrelevant in medical school admissions

I would suggest dropping the double major. You seem to be struggling with that workload, so you should probably just cut back to the chem major

Reactions: 1 users