Am I too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigBoy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering applying to more DO schools, but I'm unsure whether or not it's too late in the game. I think my file's tight enough, but is it too late to get in anywhere in the Northeast? I've got an interview at UMDNJ Thu, but might want some backup plans. Am I wasting money?

34Q, 3.2 GPA, blah blah blah, check the link

Members don't see this ad.

You only applied to 3 NJ schools? 1 Allo and 1 interview is a good start. PCOM and NYCOM are close by. NYCOM started interviewing reather late on Nov 30th. Both have very large classes as well.

accepted to UMDNJ with a 3.1 32MCAT

I only applied Jersey because I figured in-state was my best shot, with my GPA being so poor (3.01 AMCAS/3.2 AACOMAS). But, the low number of seats at UMDNJ-SOM is starting to scare me. And, still haven't heard back from NJMS. Might any schools be "safer" bets for me at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
BigBoy said:
I only applied Jersey because I figured in-state was my best shot, with my GPA being so poor (3.01 AMCAS/3.2 AACOMAS). But, the low number of seats at UMDNJ-SOM is starting to scare me. And, still haven't heard back from NJMS. Might any schools be "safer" bets for me at this point?

Wow, great MCAT, your GPA is fine for the DO. You should apply right away. Good luck.

nothing is a safe bet but NYCOM and PCOM have very large class sizes and I have interviews at both with somewhat similar stats. NYCOM interviews into April. Not 100% sure what's going on at WVSOM but I think they added enough seats this year to have an entering class of 200+. You have lots of other choices. You have an interview at an allopathic school so I would not worry too much about your stats. good luck!

BigBoy said: