Am I too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Georgia18

Pre-Dental
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just decided that I want to do dentistry and I plan on applying to dental schools for 2011. Do you guys think it's too late to start studying for the DAT or do I have plenty of time?

Also, I have about 200-300 practice problems for each section, DAT destroyer, and the Kaplan book. Any other recommendations to use for study materials? Any information would be very much appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I just decided that I want to do dentistry and I plan on applying to dental schools for 2011. Do you guys think it's too late to start studying for the DAT or do I have plenty of time?

Also, I have about 200-300 practice problems for each section, DAT destroyer, and the Kaplan book. Any other recommendations to use for study materials? Any information would be very much appreciated! Thanks

its never too late, Have you completed the pre-reqs?

Yup! I've taken all the required courses but I just decided to go Dental instead of Med. I'm trying to make sure that I make the right use of my time and get the best study materials for each section. What would you suggest? I hear Kaplan isn't the best?

Yup! I've taken all the required courses but I just decided to go Dental instead of Med. I'm trying to make sure that I make the right use of my time and get the best study materials for each section. What would you suggest? I hear Kaplan isn't the best?

Why do you want to wait until the 011 cycle? In regards to material, do a quick search and read other people's breakdown.
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm new to the site so maybe I'm not using the right term :p. What I meant was that I'm applying in order to start dental school in 2011. Thanks for the advice I'll make sure to look into what other people are suggesting.

Why do you want to wait until the 011 cycle? In regards to material, do a quick search and read other people's breakdown.
:luck:

I think that you are in good time for studying dat to prepare for the 2011 cycle. You can apply in the early summer. that way you would have an early app. that is what i am doing.