Am i totally ****ed?

Started by oladejow7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

O

oladejow7

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea what happened but i totally bumped my PCAT, with a 47 comp. I thought i was going to do alright but obviously not. my writing were both 3.
What do you think are my chances for these schools:

MCPHS boston
Nova southeastern
Midwestern University Downers groove
Purdue University
Shenandoah University

Please any useful advice would be deeply appreciated. I am seriously shaken and feel totally hopeless. Please help😕



My HORRIBLE stats;
verbal ability 368/10%
biology 415/74%
Reading Comprehension 397/44%
Quantitative Ability 405/62%
Chemistry 404/60%
composite 398/47%

writing scores
convention of language 3
problem solving 3
 
I have no idea what happened but i totally bumped my PCAT, with a 47 comp. I thought i was going to do alright but obviously not. my writing were both 3.
What do you think are my chances for these schools:

MCPHS boston
Nova southeastern
Midwestern University Downers groove
Purdue University
Shenandoah University

Please any useful advice would be deeply appreciated. I am seriously shaken and feel totally hopeless. Please help😕

What is comp? I noticed that people are doing poor with comp...
 
I have 3.5 overall gpa and 3.51 science gpa. Do you think they will accept Jan PCAT if i decided to take it again or will they base their decisions on this result. Omg i am doomed!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
take the pcat in january and try applying to howard....i know a few people who got in last year scoring in the seventies.....you need to bring that pcat up......no school that takes the pcat will accept a 47
 
take the pcat in january and try applying to howard....i know a few people who got in last year scoring in the seventies.....you need to bring that pcat up......no school that takes the pcat will accept a 47

I would suggest reading up on some things before you make claims.


Minnesota took a 35 for the incoming class of 2007.
 
Hey.. I am in a similar situation. My GPA is about the same as yours... my PCAT is 59%.. I also have applied to Midwestern University Downers groove before even knowing my horrible PCAT.. I don't if they accept January PCAT though.. I will e-mail them and find out..
 
take the pcat in january and try applying to howard....i know a few people who got in last year scoring in the seventies.....you need to bring that pcat up......no school that takes the pcat will accept a 47

Oh! You are a Howard student. My PCAT is 59%. I applied to Howard. I think they claim that they accept the Jan PCAT. But I don't know what will be my chance at that time since they have "rolling admission". I don't have how many seats and interview space will be available. Hope they don't just reject me before Jan PCAT result based on this horrible score.
 
take the pcat in january and try applying to howard....i know a few people who got in last year scoring in the seventies.....you need to bring that pcat up......no school that takes the pcat will accept a 47

Hey...do you know if Howard looks at each individual section or just the composite?

I did horrible in Bio and Chem (45 & 49), but my composite was 80, so I'm wondering if I have a even chance or need to take it in Jan.
 
i ♥ pharmacy;5874244 said:
Hey...do you know if Howard looks at each individual section or just the composite?

I did horrible in Bio and Chem (45 & 49), but my composite was 80, so I'm wondering if I have a even chance or need to take it in Jan.
you might need to retake it but i suggest applying as soon as possible
 
Oh! You are a Howard student. My PCAT is 59%. I applied to Howard. I think they claim that they accept the Jan PCAT. But I don't know what will be my chance at that time since they have "rolling admission". I don't have how many seats and interview space will be available. Hope they don't just reject me before Jan PCAT result based on this horrible score.
i got in last year and i took the january pcat so you should be okay