AMA Bank

Started by deleted144744
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted144744

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iwas wondering if anyone here has any experience with the AMA-sponsored Banking Center:

http://www.amabankingcenter.com/ama/rates.asp

The rates for their CD's and money-market accts seem pretty competitive compared to local banks (except they require $8000.00 to start CD's) - and would greatly appreciate any input.

~back to studying for acls/relaxing before residency starts
 
Meh, I took a look and those CD's turned me off. Sure, the rate is comparable or slightly higher than other places, but if I had 8k laying around I'd invest it in stocks.

As for the money market account, the interest rate is laughable. ING and Amtrust have rates of around 5%. I have a money market account with Amtrust, and after you open your account with an initial deposit of $1000, you can leave as little (0.01) or as much as you want in there and still get the high percentage (5.36%) interest rate.
 
i have my cash sitting in my brokerage sweep account, earning about 4.62%. i know i could get a higher yield elsewhere, but i don't keep a lot of cash lying around so the difference is negligible.