AMA Bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted144744

Iwas wondering if anyone here has any experience with the AMA-sponsored Banking Center:

http://www.amabankingcenter.com/ama/rates.asp

The rates for their CD's and money-market accts seem pretty competitive compared to local banks (except they require $8000.00 to start CD's) - and would greatly appreciate any input.

~back to studying for acls/relaxing before residency starts

Members don't see this ad.

Meh, I took a look and those CD's turned me off. Sure, the rate is comparable or slightly higher than other places, but if I had 8k laying around I'd invest it in stocks.

As for the money market account, the interest rate is laughable. ING and Amtrust have rates of around 5%. I have a money market account with Amtrust, and after you open your account with an initial deposit of $1000, you can leave as little (0.01) or as much as you want in there and still get the high percentage (5.36%) interest rate.

i have my cash sitting in my brokerage sweep account, earning about 4.62%. i know i could get a higher yield elsewhere, but i don't keep a lot of cash lying around so the difference is negligible.