Amblyopia question

Started by uncledrew
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uncledrew

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I am 27 years old and I have Amblyopia since i was a child, sadly it was untreated, thus resulting in my left eye being very weak. It suffers from astigmatism of over +5, my right eyes is in pristine condition.

My question is, can I still develop strabismus on my Amblyopia eye considering my age, I was told by a doctor that usually it does not occur after the age of 22. I am asking because i have to wear a contact lens on my left eye because i am afraid of strabismus but if i can't develop it, its useless. It does not help my overall vision, and my illness is not treatable so, to me is useless.

Thank you
 
I would strongly recommend getting a second opinion if you're concerned. Really though, even though the chances are low, would you rather wear a contact lens that may or may not help, or possibly develop strabismus?
 
Thanks Roffles, I am doing that, i am wearing the lens now, i was wondering if it helps or not, i could save some $ and an extra worry every day.