Ambulatory Surgery Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pinipig523

I like my job!
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In today's political/insurance climate, if you were given the opportunity to invest in a new start up physician owned surgery center, would you all do it? Assume diverse multi specialty investors with none having investments in other surgery centers. Is it lucrative in general or is there something in the pipeline (political or other) that would suggest otherwise?
 
In today's political/insurance climate, if you were given the opportunity to invest in a new start up physician owned surgery center, would you all do it? Assume diverse multi specialty investors with none having investments in other surgery centers. Is it lucrative in general or is there something in the pipeline (political or other) that would suggest otherwise?

now and in the past, surgery centers have tended to be cash cows for their owners. I (through my group) have ownership interest in several and they spit out plenty of cash every year. I have no reason to believe that will change any time soon, however to be profitable they have to be run well. I'm sure there are plenty of horribly managed surgery centers that lose money.