amcas 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passion4atcg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the average time (june, july?) in which people submit amcas for mstp? what do you think the latest time you can submit is without being 'late'? I ask this because I'm taking the June 15 mcat. my mcat score is my weakest point and i thought it would be better to have a little more time do to well, and then submit my amcas, instead of submitting early with not a good score. what do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's just really important to get your secondaries out quickly once you get them. I submitted my AMCAS in mid-July and got secondaries pretty soon after that (I don't exactly remember, but in early/mid august), but then didn't do those (for a few reasons) until MUCH too late (like, mid october) and I feel like that really hurt me. So, if you submit amcas in July, which would probably be possible with a June MCAT (the turn-around time has really decreased, right?) then you'd still get secondaries early enough. Just don't wait on those secondaries.

what is the average time (june, july?) in which people submit amcas for mstp? what do you think the latest time you can submit is without being 'late'? I ask this because I'm taking the June 15 mcat. my mcat score is my weakest point and i thought it would be better to have a little more time do to well, and then submit my amcas, instead of submitting early with not a good score. what do you all think?

I think you should just have all your essays written and then apply immediately after receiving your MCAT. I think if you apply ASAP you'll be fine, but don't delay after getting those scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should just have all your essays written and then apply immediately after receiving your MCAT. I think if you apply ASAP you'll be fine, but don't delay after getting those scores.

I second this. Apply ASAP. I sent the AMCAS in at the end of June, but wasn't verified till the end of August because of idiotic mistakes not of my own making by the AAMC processing center. So, the lesson is that you can never tell what may go wrong - apply as early as you possible can to minimize problems you can't control.

I second this. Apply ASAP. I sent the AMCAS in at the end of June, but wasn't verified till the end of August because of idiotic mistakes not of my own making by the AAMC processing center. So, the lesson is that you can never tell what may go wrong - apply as early as you possible can to minimize problems you can't control.

[Thread hijack]

Great acceptances totalcommand--where are you going next year?

I am working on my AMCAS application. Should I list my senior thesis (assuming I have room) under activities section? I am guessing that you should not since it is for credit. Do I just mention it in the research essay? Does anyone have any advise on this?

I am working on my AMCAS application. Should I list my senior thesis (assuming I have room) under activities section? I am guessing that you should not since it is for credit. Do I just mention it in the research essay? Does anyone have any advise on this?

I talked about it in the research essay, but did not list it in the activities section.

P.S. I also stressed about little things like this way too much, but you really don't need to. I mean, I doubt it's going to make or break your application.

I think it's just really important to get your secondaries out quickly once you get them. I submitted my AMCAS in mid-July and got secondaries pretty soon after that (I don't exactly remember, but in early/mid august), but then didn't do those (for a few reasons) until MUCH too late (like, mid october) and I feel like that really hurt me. So, if you submit amcas in July, which would probably be possible with a June MCAT (the turn-around time has really decreased, right?) then you'd still get secondaries early enough. Just don't wait on those secondaries.

ditto on the mid july