AMCAS app. activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gandychan

gandychan
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is the activities section?
and is a rough description of things done in each activity enough? or is it best to provide detailed descriptions and use up the 1000 characters?

Is it a good idea to lump all my awards and honors into one activity seeing that an honor isn't really an activity?

Members don't see this ad.

gandychan said:
How important is the activities section?
and is a rough description of things done in each activity enough? or is it best to provide detailed descriptions and use up the 1000 characters?

Is it a good idea to lump all my awards and honors into one activity seeing that an honor isn't really an activity?

I kept this part short and concise. Told them what it was, what I did in a nutshell and did not go into any stories. Except my research and job descript, which I explained in detail. Other than those two, I did not come close to using the char limit.

For the most part I kept my descriptions pretty breif... I added a little extra detail for the more "meaningful" ones that I wanted to put a little more emphasis on. Most I kept around 200-300 characters. The people reading our applications are busy and probably don't really want us rambling on and on :cool: