AMCAS application opening. June 10th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeine Matters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking MCAT May 8th, so the earliest I can apply is June 10.
Is this really going to affect my chances?
GPA is decent, practice MCATs 30s (shooting for 34-35s, that is why I would rather take MCAT May 8th, and not sooner)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand this post? May 8th is very early. I took mine at the end of July and most people take theirs in August and don't apply until they get scores back in September. I applied in June before I took my test and I was accepted by November. Why do you think this is late ?

Thanks for the response. I always here that "you must apply June 1st! or else be waitlisted".

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response. I always here that "you must apply June 1st! or else be waitlisted".
If it would ease your mind, you can apply on the first day possible, without the MCAT score. Just include a single school until you know how competitive your score is, so transcipt verification can proceed. Add more schools later . Doing so before verification is completed will not change your place in the verification queue.

I recommend the above to anyone applying.

Yup.

Or you could do what I did. Apply Aug 28, complete mid-Oct, secondaries in November-Dec, interview in Feb.

Could work.

GPA is decent, practice MCATs 30s (shooting for 34-35s, that is why I would rather take MCAT May 8th, and not sooner)

I love your username and picture. So much.

The 2013-2014 AMCAS didn't end up opening until 6/10/2013 anyway. But even if it really does open earlier, you'll be fine if you submit anytime in June.

I don't understand this post? May 8th is very early. I took mine at the end of July and most people take theirs in August and don't apply until they get scores back in September. I applied in June before I took my test and I was accepted by November. Why do you think this is late ?

May is fairly early to take the MCAT and the OP is definitely fine applying in June, but it is definitely NOT true that most people apply in Sept. AMCAS gets the majority of applications in July and August and submitting later than July is bad idea. Submitting in Sept is potentially lethal for an average applicant. There are plenty of reapplication stories on this forum where the only obvious weakness in their application is applying late.

To anyone who is confident that they're MCAT score will almost definitely be sufficient for a successful cycle.

Their.

But yes, but you shouldn't be taking the MCAT if you're not confident of that.

Their.

But yes, but you shouldn't be taking the MCAT if you're not confident of that.
Hahaha...good catch!

Yes, but some people are more confident than others going in.