AMCAS converted my semester hours wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howieh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS marked my lab courses (inorg/org chem, physics, and biology) all as only 3 semester hours while they should all be 4 semester hours!!!:( I understand my unversity uses credit hours (half/full) system instead of the semester hours system, and all full semester courses are 0.5 credits (regardless with or without lab), but it's just sad and frustrating to see AMCAS verifiers being so ignorant......

Should I call AMCAS or should I write a letter to each school I have applied to and explain this?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS marked my lab courses (inorg/org chem, physics, and biology) all as only 3 semester hours while they should all be 4 semester hours!!!:( I understand my unversity uses credit hours (half/full) system instead of the semester hours system, and all full semester courses are 0.5 credits (regardless with or without lab), but it's just sad and frustrating to see AMCAS verifiers being so ignorant......

Should I call AMCAS or should I write a letter to each school I have applied to and explain this?

Thanks!!!

This conversion method is common for Canadian schools, I would just let that sit and not worry about it.

As long as you indicate "and lab" to each of the pre-reqs, the medical schools cannot penalize you for the way your university does their academic programming.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys!

Some schools don't let you indicate which courses are with lab, and you only have to click "yes" or "no" under course requirements, is that still fine?

Even more, schools like Indiana don't have secondaries...They'll figure it out right?

Cheers,

Howie

Thanks guys!

Some schools don't let you indicate which courses are with lab, and you only have to click "yes" or "no" under course requirements, is that still fine?

Even more, schools like Indiana don't have secondaries...They'll figure it out right?

Cheers,

Howie

In the course name/title of each course with lab you should write "with lab" in the coursework section of AMCAS