AMCAS Course Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potazzium21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
_

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading somewhere in the AMCAS instructions that they only return primaries if you have 4+ courses coded incorrectly. Otherwise I think they just change it for you and move on

Not 100% sure this is the right thread but I can't find anywhere else. My AMCAS app was just verified. I somehow missed that for a lot of my second semester classes, I accidentally put that I had taken them first semester. I now have 19 X's on my app where they changed the semester for me. They did not change any course classifications or anything major...my GPA is exactly what I had calculated it to be for BCPM and total. Will this be a red flag to AdComs? Should I call the schools I'm applying to and tell them what happened if there isn't a space to explain in the secondary app? I feel like a *****.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've read some older threads about this, but haven't seen the question asked recently.

AMCAS says we're supposed to assign course classifications based on the content of the course, not the department that it's in.

I took a course on human growth and development that was mostly biology content, but was given by the anthropology department at my school.

I decided to list it as a biology course on my application. Is there any risk of my application being delayed if AMCAS decides to change it back to an anthropology course?

I had a ton of misclassified courses on my primary and it didn't bounce back. I'm talking 10+.