SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS course classification

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shkaun, May 15, 2007.

  1. shkaun

    shkaun 5+ Year Member

    Nov 24, 2006
    I was having some trouble classifying my courses. What do you put for 1) TAing 2) Indepedent research project 3) Ethnic studies class on racism

    thanks much
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SpartanBlueJay2

    SpartanBlueJay2 5+ Year Member

    Mar 15, 2007
    I'm confused about TA-ing... is this a course on how to be a TA, or are you just talking about a course you TA-ed? If it is a course you TA-ed, I'm assuming it's not on your transcript and should be listed as work experience instead. If it's a course on how to be a TA, I guess I would probably list it as "education". For the research project, I would classify it as whatever department you did your project in (mine was in biochemistry, so I listed it as "chemistry"). The ethnic studies class sounds like "behavioral and social sciences" to me, but what department taught the class?

    If you go into AMCAS and click on the HELP button at the top of the page, then go to "course work", then "course work classifications" on the side toolbar, it lists what courses go with what classification.

Share This Page