AMCAS: Credit Hours??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icantthinkofausername95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've read about 10 posts on this topic and went through the manual but have still not managed to find an answer to my question, so I decided to post it here: Are credit hours the same as Honor Points? In my transcript, it lists the course, the grade, the total number of credits available for that specific course, and the number of honor points I received due to my grade. For example, my general chemistry course was worth a total of four credits, but since I only got a B in it, I received only 12 honor points (the maximum number of honor points available for any 4-credit course is 16). Which of these numbers (4 or 12 or something else) would I put in the credit hour section of my application for this specific course?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No. You put the credit hours, not the honor points

Honor points are called quality points at most schools. This is the "value" of the grade (A=4 B=3, etc) multiplied by the credit hours and is used in GPA calculations, You would add all the honor points then divide by total credit hours = Grade Point Average.
So then in the example I mentioned, my credit hours would be 4?

Reactions: 1 user