Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

amcas deadline

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by purple4, Dec 16, 2005.

1. purple4

purple4 New Member

I was wondering if any of you have ever asked a school for an extension forthe AMCAS deadline. Yesterday was the deadline for SUNY Downstate and NY Medical College and I was wondering if anyone has experienced or heard of anyone being granted this request.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pem8erly

pem8erly Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm never heard of anyone getting an extension for the AMCAS. In addition, I think you have to consider that most schools have chosen most of the people they will be interviewing. Unless you have terrific stats, it might not be worth your time to ask for an extension and/or fill out secondaries.

4. madonna

madonna Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yeah, i heard nymc is booked till april with the interviews

5. Matt0751

Matt0751 Shocked at Acceptance
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I dont think it looks good for your time management skills to request extensions. So it may be a bad mark on your recorde before they get your app, but if it means sitting out another year, what harm could asking do?

I say go for it, or you'll sit next year wondering if it would be different.

6. UVABranch

UVABranch one of 6000
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

It's a little late now, but requesting a deadline extension is granted especially if the problems are because of AMCAS errors/communication etc. There are adcoms and admiss dir's are willing to extend the deadline. Now it might be too late, but good luck if you still decided to pursue!