AMCAS error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BonnieBedelia1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad: Hi,
I am re-applying and have just finally had my primary verified (although all my secondaries are about to go out). I found that AMCAS mis-verified several of my courses that had been correct on my previous application. Now my application has no GPA for Jr year and my Sr year GPA is different. AMCAS will not change the mistake. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?

BB:mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I am re-applying and have just finally had my primary verified (although all my secondaries are about to go out). I found that AMCAS mis-verified several of my courses that had been correct on my previous application. Now my application has no GPA for Jr year and my Sr year GPA is different. AMCAS will not change the mistake. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?

I have not heard of this problem before. If AMCAS was the one that made the mistake, then they should correct it. Did you try to talk to someone else at AMCAS, maybe a supervisor. Maybe you can contact the medical schools and tell them the problem and maybe they can contact AMCAS for you. Does anyone else know if this works or have any other suggestions?

I have never heard of this error before, though I have had my hassles with AMCAS before. If I were you, and assuming your cumulative GPA is worse for the error, I would call them every chance you got until you got through and spoke to a supervisor. If they have a copy, have them look at last year's. Realize that they may have wiped those records already.

If your GPA is unchanged or is higher for the error, don't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have never heard of this error before, though I have had my hassles with AMCAS before. If I were you, and assuming your cumulative GPA is worse for the error, I would call them every chance you got until you got through and spoke to a supervisor. If they have a copy, have them look at last year's. Realize that they may have wiped those records already.

If your GPA is unchanged or is higher for the error, don't worry about it.

I had this error as well, though not as severe. For some reason, some of the courses I took were not counted into my final GPA even though some were required by a number of the medical schools I applied to. I suggest you bother AMCAS ever chance that you get to correct the error.

I had this error as well, though not as severe. For some reason, some of the courses I took were not counted into my final GPA even though some were required by a number of the medical schools I applied to. I suggest you bother AMCAS ever chance that you get to correct the error.

I had a similar problem and some of my courses were counted and verified in what i considered completely different areas. Just call AMCAS and continue to argue with them.

AMCAS made a mistake on my application by assigning senior status to city college courses and post-bac courses, so the GPA calculation was totally messed up. I submitted a request for corrections and after numerous telephone calls they fixed it for me. The question I still have is if a student takes say six years to complete a BA, BS degree, either due to work or transferring from city college to university, then at what point do they assign freshman/sophmore/junior and senior level standing for classes? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Either way you really have to bug them in order to have them fix the problem.

So I called AMCAS constantly and was turned down each time. It took me 5 years to finish my undergrad as I had to take several years off due to illness. When I got back to my education, i finished it up in 3 yrs but because i took ONE freshman class, i was told that i did my degree in 3 yrs. according to their policy, the jr yr is not calculated.
oh well.
i sent letters to the schools i applied to as well as copies of last year's apps. i am not worried. it isnt my problem and my overall app makes up for any shortcomings