amcas essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nadica31

Future Oncologyst
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,
do you guys know what they mean by the availavble space characters, is it with spaces or without?Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

It includes spaces.
Another question though. How does the inclusion of the MD/PhD essay and the Research Description essay affect this year's MD/PhD - MSTP applications? Does anyone know if any schools have changed their secondaries and such? It would not be fun to try to to think of new ways to write the same thing all over again.

grendel said:
It includes spaces.
Another question though. How does the inclusion of the MD/PhD essay and the Research Description essay affect this year's MD/PhD - MSTP applications? Does anyone know if any schools have changed their secondaries and such? It would not be fun to try to to think of new ways to write the same thing all over again.

I only spoke directly to one school, and not sure how they will react to it. However, the one school I asked about said they were evaluating what changes "If any" they would make.

I also came across this statement on UT Southwest's website about the MD-PhD secondary (have to goto the application page):

"You do NOT need to complete the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) application nor the UT Southwestern Medical School Secondary Application. There is NO MD/Phd Secondary Application."

Only valid if you plan ONLY to apply to the MD/PhD program and not the MD only portion.

Found another update, Tri I program has this statement on their App instructions:

"There is now a universal MD-PhD application through AMCAS. To be considered for the Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program you must check off the combined degree check box on the AMCAS application. You will then be instructed to complete additional essays specific to MD-PhD applicants."

So some schools are modifying their application process - for the better in this once case!

Good Luck