AMCAS GPA calculation

Started by IUgrad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IUgrad

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, everyone,

I was wondering if you any of you have come across this same issue in your applications.

My undergraduate degree was from a few years ago. Since then, I have taken almost as many classes at the same university, same classification (undergraduate) under a chemistry degree in preparation for medical school. I assumed that, when I applied, the GPA on my application would reflect my overall university GPA (includes all coursework), since both are undergraduate.

However, I was reading the AMCAS manual for entering coursework, and it states that any course work after the receipt of the initital BS/BA degree should be classified as PB (postbac). Is the PB not calculated in overall GPA then? I really hope it is, otherwise my chances are now shot all to heck. 🙁

Thanks for your help?