Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS GPA calculation

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by IUgrad, May 17, 2007.

1. IUgrad

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi, everyone,

I was wondering if you any of you have come across this same issue in your applications.

My undergraduate degree was from a few years ago. Since then, I have taken almost as many classes at the same university, same classification (undergraduate) under a chemistry degree in preparation for medical school. I assumed that, when I applied, the GPA on my application would reflect my overall university GPA (includes all coursework), since both are undergraduate.

However, I was reading the AMCAS manual for entering coursework, and it states that any course work after the receipt of the initital BS/BA degree should be classified as PB (postbac). Is the PB not calculated in overall GPA then? I really hope it is, otherwise my chances are now shot all to heck. :(

Thanks for your help?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RxnMan

RxnMan Who, me? A doctor?
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    Try looking here. The post-bacc will be added into the overall number, and reported separately. You should get two numbers - ugrad GPA, post-bacc GPA.

4. emquiksilver

emquiksilver MD = Doctor of Masochism

Check out the link in my sig for a good calculator to figure out your gpa.