AMCAS GPA Question

Started by Maxprime
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't see it in the online PDF - how many decimal places do they take it to and do they do regular rounding or the next highest integer? I know it sounds silly, but I actually need to know. I'm assuming normal rounding & 2 digits, yes?
 
yes, from what i've heard, it's 3 sig figs... which would mean it would go to 2 decimal places. I don't think this question is silly at all. A few of the classes I am taking will bump by GPA up from a 3.51 to a 3.55 by the end of the semester.. my big push is to hit the 3.6 mark by the time i apply to medical school.
 
Appreciate the answer - best of luck this semester. I, too, am working for a round-up. 🙂