AMCAS hours mistake??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sneakrows111

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I know this question has been posed in the past but I wanted some specific insight into my situation. I made what I feel is a decently major mistake on my primary application reported hours for clinical volunteering. I reported an activity that was 68 hours as 168 hours due to accidentally leaving the placeholder "1" in. It was a volunteer activity across 12 months. Is this something worth contacting admissions offices about after submitting secondaries? Obviously, if a school contacted the clinic it would show a major discrepancy which could make me appear dishonest. Thank you!!
 
Last edited:
No one is likely to notice. In the unlikely event that your activities are verified, it might raise a question. Are you able to acquire more hours there? If yes, I do have an idea. 💡
Unfortunately not :/ I moved far from there but that is a really good thought
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad