AMCAS MASSIVE Activity Error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swkrple

Reaction score
Made HUGE mistake on my AMCAS application. It seems as though I left place holder text in one of my activities descriptions so it is just a bunch of random letters. I thought I had triple checked all of them but it seems I missed this one. I am already verified and have received secondaries but I am freaking out because I caught this so late. Any advice? I am going to contact AMCAS in the morning but I doubt they will be able to change it at this point. Kind of freaking out right now but how screwed am I????

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Don't know enough to give advice but just wanted to say I hope it works out 🙂

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Made HUGE mistake on my AMCAS application. It seems as though I left place holder text in one of my activities descriptions so it is just a bunch of random letters. I thought I had triple checked all of them but it seems I missed this one. I am already verified and have received secondaries but I am freaking out because I caught this so late. Any advice? I am going to contact AMCAS in the morning but I doubt they will be able to change it at this point. Kind of freaking out right now but how screwed am I????
For what it's worth, this happened to a prior applicant to my school who ended up being accepted. The rest of their application was phenomenal though. So not a complete deal breaker at all schools, but it is a glaring mistake to overcome.

You could email each school explaining (briefly and professionally) the omission and providing the actual essay in the message. It may then be added as an additional file to the application for review if the school accepts pre-II correspondences. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 4 users
This may be a case where it is worth reaching out to explain yourself. While we generally advise applicants not to draw attention to a negative, this is so significant that there is no way it will be missed, so you may come off better by at least acknowledging the error professionally and letting them know what was supposed to be there

Reactions: 4 users
I agree it's worth contacting the admissions team. Don't overexplain your situation. Just say you noticed the error in your copy of AMCAS and wanted to see if this was the case on their end... could you provide a correction?

Reactions: 1 users
I agree it's worth contacting the admissions team. Don't overexplain your situation. Just say you noticed the error in your copy of AMCAS and wanted to see if this was the case on their end... could you provide a correction?
Thank you for the insight. I Have already reached out to one school where I submitted a secondary and they informed me they can accept a supplemental update for the application. I know this was a huge oversight on my end but I am hoping that this will not completely disqualify my application. It is one of my clinical experiences but not a most meaningful one. Will admissions not even read my application because of this error?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the insight. I Have already reached out to one school where I submitted a secondary and they informed me they can accept a supplemental update for the application. I know this was a huge oversight on my end but I am hoping that this will not completely disqualify my application. It is one of my clinical experiences but not a most meaningful one. Will admissions not even read my application because of this error?
Just give them your update. Someone will read it.

Agree. I usually say, "don't draw attention to a pimple" but in this case you've got a scar from earlobe to chin and that does require some kind of explanation.
Sending updates to all schools. Though for those I have not yet submitted a secondary for, should I wait to submit them until I get a definite response from the school or just add it to the extra information prompt and submit anyways? I am going to email these schools as well but my rationale is to cover all my bases (as much as I can at this point).

Sending updates to all schools. Though for those I have not yet submitted a secondary for, should I wait to submit them until I get a definite response from the school or just add it to the extra information prompt and submit anyways? I am going to email these schools as well but my rationale is to cover all my bases (as much as I can at this point).
If you don't know if their secondaries have an open question, I would wait or I would find out from searching the archives here. You can check by email if there is such a question on their secondary.

Howdy!

Coming back to this post just to say that I received 3 MD II and 1 A this cycle! If anyone else goes through this in the future, just remember to keep putting your best foot forward and it's not over until it's over!

Thanks for all the help @Moko @LizzyM @GoSpursGo @Mr.Smile12

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users