AMCAS Mis-classification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopeforacure

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I hope everyone's application process is going well. I have a quick question. I took biology and biology lab independent from one another, and apparently made a mistake because my biology lab course is classified as a "BESS" instead of a "BIOL". I don't know why I missed it and AMCAS missed it, but it happened, and I'm trying to fix the problem. I emailed all of my schools with the correction, but I was wondering:

a) Is this a huge issue or something that can be resolved pretty easily? Aka will this cross me off for any schools?
b) Should I call AMCAS and have them fix this? Will they if I do?
c) On the secondaries I have yet to fill out, should I put this in the "additional information" section?

Thanks!
 
I had a misclassified course in AMCAS and they fixed it within 24 hours. Though, it was misclassified due to AMCAS and not me - I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I'd call them