AMCAS Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wasteofspace323

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I selected the wrong work experience as "Most Meaningful" and pasted the entire essay into the wrong section. I'm such an idiot. Its pretty self-evident which work experience it should be referring to for multiple reasons.

Since I am unable to change it, should I apologize and try to explain the error in secondaries (they often ask if you have anything else you want to mention).
no.

I selected the wrong work experience as "Most Meaningful" and pasted the entire essay into the wrong section. I'm such an idiot. Its pretty self-evident which work experience it should be referring to for multiple reasons.

Since I am unable to change it, should I apologize and try to explain the error in secondaries (they often ask if you have anything else you want to mention).
My amcas ended up all kinds of messed up last year (much worse than yours), and I thought it was going to really affect me negatively. But it all worked out in the end. Adcoms are sensible people and realize that technical glitches and simple mistakes happen. I had a copy of my correct application with me for interviews. Some took it, some said they didn't need it. Some of your secondaries will let you expound on all of your activities (and add some) so that would give you this opportunity (UAB's was like this last year).

Reactions: 1 users