AMCAS Question, Med School Designations

Started by deleted50541
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted50541

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to send my new AMCAS application to schools that I sent last year's AMCAS to but did not complete their secondary. Does that mean I have to say "Yes" to the question, "Did I previously apply to this school"?

Any input would be appreciated.
 
the negative 1 said:
I want to send my new AMCAS application to schools that I sent last year's AMCAS to but did not complete their secondary. Does that mean I have to say "Yes" to the question, "Did I previously apply to this school"?

Any input would be appreciated.

Yes, as long as you applied to that school via AMCAS, you are considered a reapplicant, regardless of whether or not you completed the school's secondary app.
 
you cant submit the AMCAS 06 app yet...but yea if you applied via AMCAS before, you're a reapp now.
 
I emailed the AAMC and had the following transaction (careful when reading this... according to this email, you would indeed be a reapplicant.)

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting AMCAS. No, you would not be considered a re-applicant. You are only a re-applicant if you submit an application to AMCAS.

Thank you,
AMCAS

Details: Dear AAMC associate,

I am writing this email to make a quick inquiry regarding
the AMCAS application process. I have never entered this
process before, but I plan to begin for the first time
this summer.

I want to begin filling out my application as early as
possible, and I will do so late May / early June. Now
suppose, later in June, I decide to NOT submit my
application, because I were to change my mind and decide
to apply *next* year. Having not submitted the AMCAS
(electronically, of course), would I be considered a
re-applicant the next application season?

How is a "reapplicant" defined? My peers assure me that
in order to be a reapplicant, you must have previously
submitted an AMCAS application, and once you do that you
are a reapplicant regardless of whether you fill out
secondary applications from the various schools you select
on the AMCAS. I just wanted to get this definition
straight from an authoritative source.

Thanks very much.


Straight from the horse's mouth. Hope that helps. 🙂