AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tre Cool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can i request my schools to send my transcript to AMCAS even before i submit my application? will they discard my transcripts if i do this? i've also emailed AMCAS directly about this but if anyone knows i'd appreciate input.

Members don't see this ad.

medgirl? said:
can i request my schools to send my transcript to AMCAS even before i submit my application? will they discard my transcripts if i do this? i've also emailed AMCAS directly about this but if anyone knows i'd appreciate input.

They started accepting transcripts May 3 I believe. I had all of my transcripts except one in to AMCAS before I submitted my application.

hey, thanks for letting me know so quickly. i guess then i could go ahead and send off the transcript requests. i'm still working on the app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure to have your school attach the transcript request form. It is supposed to help them identify who you are. They will send you a confirmation by e-mail if they recieve transcripts.

yeah i've been printing those out so i can send them to the colleges i've attended. that's good that they send email confirmation of them. that makes life a little easier.