AMCAS screwed me with a hot poker...sideways!!! advice welcome.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Page

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying ED to tulane. Turned in AMCAS beginning of June, transcripts overnighted same day. I needed to send two transcripts. First set never made it. Of the second set (a month later when i found out they didnt arrive) one showed up online after 2 weeks the other stayed as Not Received another week so I assumed they lost it and had it resent (it was getting close to the early decision deadline, didn't want to play games). This time they update the transcript as "missing" after 2 weeks, I finally get in touch with someone and they claim they got a letter from my University's registrar with the transcript request form they require but no transcript was included. Riiiight. So, its now August 10th, and Early Decision seems like its out of the question.(*#$&)(*&!@$)(*U~!!!!!! grrrrr...

My stats are all right on par with the school, so I still should be OK with regular decision, but damnit, i'm pissed. SO, what to do now?

How do I add schools etc, and get out of the ED program. They told me to ask for a deadline extension, but that seems like a bad idea to me. Would placing a letter about what happened and stating I had wished to apply ED with my secondary and printed amcas etc to tulane help? any advice welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Page said:
Applying ED to tulane. Turned in AMCAS beginning of July, transcripts overnighted same day. I needed to send two transcripts, one showed up online after 2 weeks the other stayed as Not Received another week so I assumed they lost it and had it resent (it was getting close to the early decision deadline, didnt want to play games). This time they update the transcript as missingafter 2 weeks, I finally get in touch with someone and they claim they got a letter from my University's registrar with the transcript request form they require but no transcript was included. Riiiight. So, its now August 10th, and Early Decision seems like its out of the question.(*#$&)(*&!@$)(*U~!!!!!! grrrrr...

My stats are all right on par with the school, so I still should be OK with regular decision, but damnit, i'm pissed. SO, what to do now?

How do I add schools etc, and get out of the ED program. They told me to ask for a deadline extension, but that seems like a bad idea to me. Would placing a letter about what happened and stating I had wished to apply ED with my secondary and printed amcas etc to tulane help? any advice welcome.

here are a couple links to help you out.

you are not alone with the AMCAS mistakes:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=306328

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=306782

I would try to get AMCAS to write a letter for you that you could submit to medical schools, possibly allowing you to still apply ED. Phone them ASAP!

Page said:
Applying ED to tulane. Turned in AMCAS beginning of July, transcripts overnighted same day. I needed to send two transcripts, one showed up online after 2 weeks the other stayed as Not Received another week so I assumed they lost it and had it resent (it was getting close to the early decision deadline, didnt want to play games). This time they update the transcript as missingafter 2 weeks, I finally get in touch with someone and they claim they got a letter from my University's registrar with the transcript request form they require but no transcript was included. Riiiight. So, its now August 10th, and Early Decision seems like its out of the question.(*#$&)(*&!@$)(*U~!!!!!! grrrrr...

CALL TULANE!!! ONLY THEY CAN RELEASE YOU