Doll619

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted my application for review on June 5th, the first day, and had sent my two transcript requests in late May. AMCAS recieved both from each school, but only acknowledged one school's transcripts as being recieved TWICE. After I had everything resent, I discovered what the problem was, and notified AMCAS. It is now mid-July, and my application has yet to be verified. I'm getting worried. Will this mix-up hurt my chances of getting in, and is there anything I can do? Who do I complain to???

:-/

runningmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2006
Maryland!!!
Status
Medical Student
Doll619 said:
I submitted my application for review on June 5th, the first day, and had sent my two transcript requests in late May. AMCAS recieved both from each school, but only acknowledged one school's transcripts as being recieved TWICE. After I had everything resent, I discovered what the problem was, and notified AMCAS. It is now mid-July, and my application has yet to be verified. I'm getting worried. Will this mix-up hurt my chances of getting in, and is there anything I can do? Who do I complain to???

:-/
That sucks.... (oops - can I say that on air?)

Have you tried calling? They will make you wait on hold forever, but if you are polite about it and explain why you got bumped so far back you might get some resolution. Maybe back it up with an email? I dunno. It looks like the bottleneck effect is in full force. Good luck! :luck:

About the Ads

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
The Dirty South
Status
Medical Student
Calm down, a mix-up like this won't hurt your chances anywhere for quite some time. Good luck getting through to a real human being at AMCAS on the phone though ;) .

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
it won't hurt your chances at all. your app will just be sent to the schools later than it would have been, which at this point is no big deal. maybe email them? i've had an okay experience with them via email (usually 2-3 turnaround).

DMBAND

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't worry...just call them (be prepared to wait for a little bit :) ) and tell them...when I submitted my app. they screwed up my entire BCP, AO, and cumulative GPA but I called and got everything fixed pretty quickly so they are reliable when it comes to fixing their mistakes/things that were overlooked...just make sure you contact them asap

About the Ads