AMCAS Secondary Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodmornin

GoodMornin!
Reaction score
Hi,
I am applying to this cycle through AMCAS and wanted to ask when my secondaries will come In. I submitted my application on June 6th and my application still says "waiting for review." When should I start receiving secondary essays? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They will typically start coming in once your app is processed. May have to keep waiting.

Hi,
I am applying to this cycle through AMCAS and wanted to ask when my secondaries will come In. I submitted my application on June 6th and my application still says "waiting for review." When should I start receiving secondary essays? Thanks!
Not until the schools receive your primary application and have time to enter it into their system.
Only a dozen or so schools have sent out secondaries so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure there are more so feel free to comment the ones you know have already sent some secondaries. Here are the ones I have received so far.
Utah
Wake Forrest
Miami
University of Arizona - Phoenix
Michigan

I applied to West Virginia and saw some people have gotten the secondary from them but I have not received it yet.

Did not apply to New York Medical College but I heard they sent theirs as well.

I have all my TMDSAS secondaries except for Dell.

I'm sure there are more so feel free to comment the ones you know have already sent some secondaries. Here are the ones I have received so far.
Utah
Wake Forrest
Miami
University of Arizona - Phoenix
Michigan

I applied to West Virginia and saw some people have gotten the secondary from them but I have not received it yet.

Did not apply to New York Medical College but I heard they sent theirs as well.

I have all my TMDSAS secondaries except for Dell.
TMDSAS is a different ballgame and some of you got your primaries sent to schools as early as May 15th.

AMCAS schools didn't get any primaries from you until June 30.

the OP's primary hasn't been reached schools yet

TMDSAS is a different ballgame and some of you got your primaries sent to schools as early as May 15th.

AMCAS schools didn't get any primaries from you until June 30.

the OP's primary hasn't been reached schools yet
Sure I didn't mean for this to be a comparison. I would like to hear what schools have sent any secondaries out. Is there a thread for that?

Reactions: 1 user
Sure I didn't mean for this to be a comparison. I would like to hear what schools have sent any secondaries out. Is there a thread for that?
Not one collective thread for that, but what I suggest is you go here 2023-2024 Alphabetic Index of Allopathic School-Specific Discussion Threads
Click on each school you are applying to and hit the "Watch" button on each school's thread

You will get a notification each time someone posts on your school threads and you will see when someone shares the secondary.

Reactions: 1 users