• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

AMCAS transcripts 2021

kmoonp

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2018
So my school sent out my transcripts on May 8th and AMCAS still has not marked them as received. I also had my school re-send them through fax over 10 days ago and still nothing.... Has anyone been able to contact and get through to AMCAS to see whats going on? Is there anything I should do?

stayathomemom

Now with 100% more Stay At Home™!
Dec 30, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
I have a thread on this right now too. Same situation, my school mailed them out on May 8th and they still haven't been received. I was told by another poster that they should have them processed by the 25th day after they're mailed, so I'm going to call on Wednesday.

Reactions: 1 user

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
AMCAS has stated that paper transcripts may take up to 10 business days to be marked received and another 15 days to be processed into the system, This is after the transcript is received by US Mail. As for faxing, AMCAS wasnt set up for this prior to the pandemic so I would speculate they do not have a fax-server system that automatically puts a the document into the system.

This cycle is going to move slower and with more bumps than previous years

About the Ads

jt280

2+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2019
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Also in the same position. I think A LOT of us are in the same boat. Lets hang in there and hope this can be resolved soon. I sent mine in May 5 and still nothing.

Reactions: 1 users

kmoonp

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2018
Still nothing for me. And while transcripts are still missing, my app that I submitted a week ago sits on hold....

Also how behind are they that they're still processing apps that were submitted on May 29, the second day?? At this rate, we wont even get verified until like August yet they still plan on transmitting apps by July 10..? How can that possibly be fair?

EdgeTrimmer

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2018
  1. Non-Student
Still nothing for me. And while transcripts are still missing, my app that I submitted a week ago sits on hold....

Also how behind are they that they're still processing apps that were submitted on May 29, the second day?? At this rate, we wont even get verified until like August yet they still plan on transmitting apps by July 10..? How can that possibly be fair?
My guess is they have got lot of applications during first 4 days (Thur-Sun).

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student

1) There is little thing called the pandemic, I am sure you heard of it, been on all the news channels. This has totally screwed up working environments across the country
2) From UG schools being understaffed, unable to even process transcript request, to AMCAS which was originally designed for security to prevent remote processing, things are gonna be slow
3) the medical schools know whats going on
4) There is certainly no impact to your chances if you are complete by Oct 1 in this cycle
5) It will take 4-16 weeks (1-4 months) to fully evaluate and review applications after A) the applications are complete and A) the schools are up to full speed which is until at least mid August to early September
6) I posted months ago how AMCAS was not designed to deal with this and it was going to be a really drawn out cycle
7) if you find this unfair, you are free to withdraw your application and/or sue AMCAS
8) If you think I am being unsympathetic, you are right The world has changed and the closest analogy is a war. Plans are put on hold and you get treated unfairly. And it will be somewhat like this until a effective vaccine is in wide-spread use, likely 2 years at best

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.