AMCAS work and activites

Started by sabtain1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabtain1

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am confused about how to lump my shadowing experiences into one on amcas. I shadowed 1 private practice pediatric physician, 5 pediatric emergency physicians for 5 hours each, and 6 Adult emergency physicians for 4 hours each. Also do I need to describe what I did as a shadow as it is pretty self explanatory?
 
what do i do if I don't have a contact for shadowing? or volunteering? ex: one the organizations has a high turn over rate for their volunteer supervisor so i put the most recent

also for shadowing I don't have a contact because it was through my job and i didn't report to anyone besides the doctor who i don't think will verify the hours for me. can I add the generic email address from the volunteer office?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what do i do if I don't have a contact for shadowing? or volunteering? ex: one the organizations has a high turn over rate for their volunteer supervisor so i put the most recent

also for shadowing I don't have a contact because it was through my job and i didn't report to anyone besides the doctor who i don't think will verify the hours for me. can I add the generic email address from the volunteer office?
also what category do i put certificates under, cpr, other one day classes Ive taken?
Responses can be seen in this post: *~*~*~* Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.