AMCP/FMCP/Pfizer Managed Care Pharmacy Internship

Started by Versed06
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Versed06

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I was wanting to know if anyone has done the AMCP/FMCP/Pfizer Internship and if so, what kinds of skills do you learn from the experience, how was it? Would it be very valuable if you plan on possibly going into the pharmaceutical industry or pursuing clinical pharmacy? In applying, what would you say would make you stand out as an applicant? I've found very little info online so any insight would help.🙂
 
I just mailed off my application last week, and finalists will be notified the week of Feb. 26th. I'm pretty excited about the idea of doing the internship, but I'm wondering what could possibly be asked in a telephone interview that wasn't already discussed in the application if I were to be selected as a finalist? Any clues?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just mailed off my application last week, and finalists will be notified the week of Feb. 26th. I'm pretty excited about the idea of doing the internship, but I'm wondering what could possibly be asked in a telephone interview that wasn't already discussed in the application if I were to be selected as a finalist? Any clues?

I don't know about your particular internship, but I recently phone interviewed with the Johns Hopkins internship. They asked about leadership experience as well as research/projects you've done. They also asked about difficult situations I've faced in a pharmacy.
Isn't there only like 2 spots? Looks discouraging...
 
The internship has 12 spots available, so the outlook isn't that bad. Also, the internship has a focus on managed care, so it's possible that I won't get a question about research projects. Although I've wanted to do a research project for a long time, I've never had the opportunity. Would that automatically disqualify me for consideration, because if so, I'll be hoping that question won't come up! By the way, I considered applying for the Johns Hopkins internship, but by the time I heard about it, the deadline was too close for me to apply. Is it widely considered to be a top-notch program?