American Board of Radiology oral exam pass rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkjaved

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the American Board of Radiology oral exam pass rate of any program in US. Please list.

Thanks,
kkjaved

Members don't see this ad.

kkjaved said:
Does anyone know the American Board of Radiology oral exam pass rate of any program in US. Please list.

Thanks,
kkjaved
Id be amazed if that was formally collected. We also take the ABR in radonc and I know the abr site has the general written and oral pass rates.

stephew said:
Id be amazed if that was formally collected. We also take the ABR in radonc and I know the abr site has the general written and oral pass rates.

Are those pass rates for individual schools?

I emailed ABR and they said that that information "is not available to the public." I had to vist individual medical school radiology department sites to get the rates.

I was surprised that Bridgeport Hospital Yale New Haven Health only ranked 63 out of 196 programs in the nation. This is the 5-year passing board rate by the ABR for 1997 to 2001. Check out the link at http://www.bridgeporthospital.org/gme/residency/radiology/passrates.html

Apparently, a good school name doesn't mean that they have a great passing rate on the boards. I was disappointed.

Other schools such as Vanderbilt ranked number one. I got this quote from http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/reporter/?ID=1923

"For the past five years (1997-2001) VUMC residents have been perfect on the oral American Board of Radiology examinations...“We are ranked No. 1 out of 196 programs,” said Dr. Thomas S. Dina, director of the Residency Training Program in Radiology and Radiological Sciences."

I would be willing to look at the rates for rad onc. Do you have a link to where that is listed? Is there a correlation with the strength of the rad onc vs. rad department?

Thanks

1/3 rd flunk in orals. Thats what my seniors said.
Of course it depends from place to place.
Thats why you should try to find out the oral pass rate when interviewing.