American & Canadian Students

Started by Ober3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ober3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To My Fellow American & Canadian Students,

I am a canadian and moved to the United States when I was 13 and graduated from high school in the US. Right now I am junior in college in the US. I don't really have any plans to move back to Canada, because I have lived in the US for quite some time now, so I would like to attend a dental school in the US. Having a high school education in the US and also attending a college in the US, would that be any benfit to me when applying to US dental schools as a canadian? Or is there some policy that I can be treated like an "American" when applying to American dental schools, since I have been here for a long period of time? If there are any Canadians out there that are attending American dental schools, could you please share with me your stats/avg. stats American dental schools have for Canadian students? Also which American dental schools have a high enrollment of Canadian students? Thanks for all your help! I look forward to your advice!
 
Well, first off, are you duel citizenship? If you are, i figure that would be a plus. Outside of that, you will be out of state no matter where you apply in the US. I suggest you target the private schools for your best shot.


PDZ
 
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I asked this question because I don't hold dual citizenship, I am a Canadian that has studied in the US for High school and College. Is there anyone out there that can answer my questions regarding dental school's in the US towards Canadian citizens that have done schooling in the US?
 
A few schools require pre-requisites to have been taken at a US college/university. So that will help you.