American citizen looking for medical school in Canada ?

Started by Raid KH
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Raid KH

SpEcIaL MeMbEr
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hallo ,
I am an American Citizen and a Middle Eastern as well.
To be honest , I love Canadian 😍especially their TIM HORTON coffee 😎
I have some questions :
does Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry ( University of Western Ontario ) Accept American or International students ?? how about University of Toronto Medical School ??
Would it be okay , If I finish my Medical education in Canada and move back to the United States for residency ? would their be any problem if I am apply for a competitive residency programs such as : Neurosurgery in the U.S??

Thanks a lot
 
does Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry ( University of Western Ontario ) Accept American or International students ??

No, you must be a Canadian citizen.
http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/admissions/medicine/requirements

how about University of Toronto Medical School ??

The U of T will accept up to seven international (including American) students annually.
http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/information/requirements/International.htm

It is very important to recognize that medical school is very, very competitive in Canada; it would be far, far easier to get admission to the vast majority of US schools.
 
Not all Canadian medical school accept international applicants, you would need to check the websites of those schools of interest. For those who do accept, the tuition would be over $100,000/yr. Also, it is highly competitive. Your undegrad grades would need to be vetted by WES.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad