american clerkship???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent1013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone done american clerkship or considering it for after MBBS??? how was the experience?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone done american clerkship or considering it for after MBBS??? how was the experience?

People do it not AFTER MBBS but during their internship. I'm sure the "experience" was pleasant for most people and they got to learn alot. Perhaps you should run a search on SDN and read where it is that people have worked and what their feedback was.

sorry clarification--- during their internship, has anyone taken this option??

and i did do a search...nothing comes up with american clerkship specifically, as that is ALL im looking for..

that's why i started a new thread...

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry clarification--- during their internship, has anyone taken this option??

and i did do a search...nothing comes up with american clerkship specifically, as that is ALL im looking for..

that's why i started a new thread...

There is a Sticky, US electives available for international students. Read through that.

I'm an international med student of US citizenship and i'm lookin into places that offer surgery clerkship coz i'm interested in surgery (Yes,i know the odds are against IMGs to get into a surgical residency,but still)

I haven't taken my Step 1 yet but what i wanna know is :

1. What are the chances of a US IMG getting into a Surgery residency? Not zero right?

2. Is a Pre Match legit and is it possible?

3. Getting a preliminary spot as a 'categorical' is a pretty risky thing i've heard. Any opinions on that?

4. I'm sure awesome Step 1/2 scores wont cut it for an IMG wanting surgery so what WOULD help besides doin clerkships?

I'd REALLY appreciate it if anybody could answer these!!