American Education Services (AES)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KrebsPsycho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just received a letter from American Education Services telling me to go to www.aessuccess.org to apply for a Stafford Loan. Anyone received one like this? My question is should I wait until my dental school's financial office intructs me what to do or I just go ahead and apply for it? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

To apply for Stafford loans, do so through the FAFSA website. There is no need to use a 3rd party website for such a transaction.

Filling out the FAFSA form will allow you to get government loans, and allow your school to recommend and set-up private loans for you as well.

There shouldn't be a need for you to fill out any forms other than your FAFSA forms. And, you can fill out that form now, even if the school hasn't contacted you. From the standpoint of a financial aid office, the sooner you fill it out the better.

www.fafsa.ed.gov

Thanks, Gavin! I filled out FAFSA form a few months ago. I don't know how the AES obtained information about me. They know my social security number, my interest in a federal stafford loan for a dental education, etc. That made me think that it had something to do with FAFSA. Well, it's clear now. Filling a FAFSA form is all I need to do. Thanks.