American post-bacc program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JES224

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'm going to be graduating this May with an undergraduate business degree and have applied to several post-bacc programs for next fall. Aside from location, I am having a hard time differentiating. I applied and was accepted to American University and Boston University. I am waiting to hear from Drexel, Columbia, Hunter and and NYU. I am also deciding whether I should apply to UPenn and Georgetown.

Does anyone know anything about American University's post bacc program? It says they have an 86% acceptance rate to med school and they seem pretty organized.. I just don't know much else about it.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

American has a really good program from everyone I've spoken to. Much better than Georgetown's

Thanks..its weird because it sounds like its better and they've been really on top of things, but i was confused because of some of the posts on this website about georgetown. People are saying how it will get you into med school etc.
Does anyone know if American is successful in getting its post-bacc students into med school?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get good grades, yes, American will get you into med school. I've heard good success stories from there. Gtown will get you into med school also, if you get good grades. The difference is ... do you want to pull your hair out for 2+ years at Georgetown dealing with students who cheat, teachers who are arrogant and only care about their research, and an administrative group who can't even process your application correctly! (These are all common occurrences at Gtown)

wow..seriously? that sounds horrible..
i just feel like its strange that I haven't heard more about the American post-bacc program. Also, I don't think they have any formal linkages.
Has anyone reading this done a post bacc at American?? I have a few questions...

:)

Last edited: